Hopeless? Anxious? Depressed?
We’re here to help.
Woodside Psychiatric Unit, located on the medical campus of Halifax Regional, is a 20-bed inpatient behavioral health facility specializing in the treatment of mental health disorders. We offer intensive short term hospitalizations provided in an environment focused on individualized care in a safe and confidential setting. Our professional team of compassionate caregivers is committed to providing each individual with the treatment they need.
- Assessment and Diagnostic Service
- Individualized Treatment Planning
- Goal Setting
- Recreation Therapy
- Medication Education
- Relaxation Techniques
- Effective Coping Skills Training
- Evidence-based Practice
- Interpersonal Skills Training
- Discharge Planning
- Individual and group therapy provided by a Psychiatrist and Licensed Clinical Social Workers
Woodside Psychiatric Unit is located on the fourth floor of the Medical Center. For more information, call (252) 535-8440 or (252) 535-8775. Fax: (252) 535-8449
Click here, or the image above, for a larger map.
Call Woodside Psychiatric Unit at (252) 535-8440 or (252) 535-8775 for information concerning bed availability and instructions for the intake process.
We accept voluntary and involuntary patients 18 years of age and older with mental health disorders or a dual diagnosis.
We do not specialize in detox or alcohol/drug rehabilitation, therefore do not accept patients with only a substance abuse diagnosis.
We accept most insurances and select MCO 3-way contracts.
Patient and Family Information
- All purses, cell phones, tobacco products, lighters, drugs of any sort, plastic bags, cord, wires, sharp objects and other contraband are prohibited on the unit. Visitors may secure these items either in their car or in the lockers provided prior to entry on the unit.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed on the unit.
- All bags brought to the patient will be searched and prohibited items will be returned to visitor or placed in the client’s locker.
- Due to HIPPA laws, the staff can not disclose any information regarding a client’s care or even acknowledge the fact that they are admitted. Clients are provided a security code on admission and can provide that code to family members. Otherwise, family and/or friends can leave contact information and it will be provided to the client if they are here.
- Visiting hours are subject to change, please contact Woodside Psychiatric Unit for the most current visitation information.